ISLAMABAD: The Saqib Nisar Audiotape Case: The Islamabad High Court has remarked that those who have relations to this case are not interested in coming to court.
The High Court heard the plea of former Chief Justice Saqib Nisar’s audiotape and other allegations against the judiciary.
The petitioner said that a commission should be constituted to investigate the allegations against the judiciary in order to protect the independence of the judiciary, it is necessary to determine whether the audio is fake or genuine.
Saqib Nisar Audiotape Case:
Chief Justice Athar Minallah gave the remarks that:
- The judiciary has already suffered greatly due to judicial activism.
- Who has the capacity to record audiotapes of the Chief Justice of Pakistan?
- Suppose the audio is also correct, then where is the original clip?
- What are some of the things that will go viral on social media?
- It is said about me that I took a flat, will you sit down to inquire about it?
Justice Athar Minallah said that those who are related to these tapes have not shown interest in bringing the matter to court.
Justice Athar Minallah said that different political forces make different statements but they do not come to the court. When they do not come to the court then the court has to see what is the intention.
Chief Justice Athar Minallah also said that who released the audiotape and to whom? Should we play into the hands of those who did it?
Lawyer Salahuddin said that the real affected parties do not come forward, this is the problem.
The High Court decided to seek the assistance of the Attorney General on the admissibility of the petition and issued a pre-admission notice in the case seeking a reply on December 8.