Islamabad: Petroleum Prices increase by Rs 5.40 per liter just a few days before Eid-al-Azha.
The Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan has increased the price of petroleum products by Rs 5.40 per liter.
The government has dropped a huge petrol bomb on the people before the Eid-al-Azha as she increased the price of petrol by Rs 5.40 per liter.
Statement by Shahbaz Gil
A statement has also been issued by Special Assistant to Prime Minister, Doctor Shahbaz Gil in this regard.
وزیرِ اعظم نے اوگرا سفارشات کے برعکس عوامی مفاد میں پٹرول کی قیمت میں محض 5.40 روپے فی لیٹر اضافے کی منظوری دی ہے۔ ڈیزل کی قیمت میں 2.54 روپے فی لیٹر، کیروسین کی قیمت میں 1.39 روپے فی لیٹر اور لائٹ ڈیزل کی قیمت میں 1.27 روپے فی لیٹر کی اجازت دی گئی ہے۔
— Dr. Shahbaz GiLL (@SHABAZGIL) July 15, 2021
Special Assistant Shahbaz Gil said that Prime Minister Imran Khan had directed to provide maximum relief against the proposal of OGRA to increase it by more than Rs.
According to Shahbaz Gil, the Prime Minister has given permission to increase the petroleum prices as follows:
- An increase of Rs 2.54 per liter in the price of diesel has been permitted.
- An increase of Rs 1.39 per liter in the price of kerosene has been allowed.
- The price of light diesel has been allowed at Rs 1.27 per liter.
The new prices of petroleum products will be implemented from 12 noon tonight.
Shahbaz Gul said that OGRA had recommended an increase in the price of petrol by more than Rs. 11.
But the Prime Minister did not make the required increase in order to provide maximum relief to the people.
According to Shahbaz Gul, the government will bear the burden of this decision.
New Prices for Petroleum Products:
- The price of petrol will go up from Rs 112.69 to Rs 118.9 per liter.
- High-speed diesel will be available at Rs 116.53 per liter instead of Rs 113.99 per liter.
- The price of kerosene will increase from Rs 85.75 to Rs 87.14 per liter.
- The price of light diesel oil will increase from Rs 83.40 to Rs 84.67 per liter.
The new prices of petroleum products will take effect from the at 12 A.M. tonight.