QUETTA: Jam Kamal’s Balochistan govt in danger as a no-confidence motion against Chief Minister Jam Kamal presented in Balochistan Assembly.
A no-confidence motion has been moved against Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Kamal Khan.
A meeting of the Balochistan Assembly was held under the chairmanship of Speaker Abdul Qaddos Bizenjo.
A no-confidence motion against Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Kamal Khan was tabled in the meeting.
Sardar Abdul Rehman Khetran filed a no-confidence motion against the Chief Minister.
The text of the resolution states:
- Bad governance by the Chief Minister led to unrest and unemployment.
- Chief Minister Jam Kamal is running the affairs thinking that he is wise.
- The performance of the institutions was affected due to non-consultation by the Chief Minister.
- The Chief Minister should be removed for poor performance.
- 33 members voted in favor of the resolution.
5 of our members are missing:
In favor of the resolution, angry BAP member Sardar Abdul Rehman Khetran said:
- A decision has been taken against the Chief Minister.
- 5 of our members are missing, 5 more will be missing in the next few days.
- In this way, they will thwart this movement but now this House will not run.
- Jam Kamal Khan should resign.
Demand for the Resignation of the Chief Minister:
Leader of the Opposition Balochistan Assembly Malik Sikandar Advocate said:
Akbar Askani, Lala Rashid, Laila Tareen, Mahjabeen Sheeran, and Bushra Rind have not yet reached the assembly.
Our missing persons should be brought before the House immediately.
The Chief Minister is asked to resign immediately.
Is the Balochistan govt in danger?
Prior to the meeting, a luncheon was arranged by Chief Minister Jam Kamal Khan for the Balochistan Awami Party and its allies.
The lunch was attended by provincial ministers of allied parties, senators, members of parliament, and parliamentarians.
The ceremony was attended by Deputy Speaker Provincial Assembly, Provincial Ministers Mir Saleem Ahmed Khosa, Arif Muhammad Hasani, Muhammad Khan Toor, and Matha Khan Kakar.
The function was attended by Abdul Khaliq Hazara, Zamrak Khan Achakzai, Provincial Advisors Nawabzada Gahram Khan Bugti, and Sardar Sarfraz Khan Domki along with Senator Agha Umar Ahmadzai, Senator Dinesh Kumar, and others.
On the occasion, Jam Kamal said that he was confident on the issue of the no-confidence motion.
- We are Baloch and we cannot stop anyone from inviting us.
- The no-confidence motion did not come from the entire opposition.
- In the last three and a half years, relations with the opposition have become very strong.
- Our allies will stay with us.
- How is it possible for government members to join the opposition in bringing a no-confidence motion?
- See the vote on the no-confidence motion in 3 days or in 7 days?
Chief Minister Balochistan Jam kamal further said that his allies will stay with him.