Silicon Valley: Google Identity Services: Google’s third-party sign-in feature made it even easier
Yes! Google has come up with the simplest and the best solution to another long-standing problem of its users.
You must have used the third-party sign-in option to log in to a new application.
The purpose of this option is to give users the option to log in with an email address, Facebook, or Twitter account to avoid the hassle of remembering a separate password for each app.
But for some users, the process of signing in to a third-party application becomes more difficult.
But now Google has eased this complex problem for its users.
What is Google Identity Services?
According to a report, Google has further improved this method and made the sign-in experience much easier.
The technology giant has added “One Tap Authentication” to its module. This feature is called Google Identity Services.
This module makes it much easier to sign in to third-party applications.
- This new method will work directly on existing websites.
- The user will not be redirected to a separate sign-in patch.
The purpose of this new feature is to streamline the user browsing experience without any hassle.
According to the report, this feature will also be available for Android phone users.
- “One Tap Prompt” will appear on Android users’ mobiles.
- However, desktop users will be able to see it directly upwards.
- This feature will work for both newly signed up users and old logged-in users.
- According to the report, users will also be able to see their name, email address, and profile picture at the bottom of the website.
It should be noted that social news website Reddit is already making use of this new feature.
This feature has increased the signup rate of new users and the re-signing rate of old users.