7 New Players joined (Pakistan Cricket Team) PCB in 1996.
In the year 1996, seven new players got the honor of joining Team Pakistan:-
1. Shadab Kabir was a good player but was included in the team at a very young age. On the tour of England, he showed his talent.
- Pakistani Cricketer Haris Rauf: Biography, career
- Success Journey of Cricketer Babar Azam: From Bowl Picker to Skipper
But then he soon disappeared from the Test team. His coming to the team was due to his relationship with Wasim Akram. As soon as Wasim left, Shadab Kabir’s cricket career ended.
2. Azam Khan was an average player and failed in the Test circle and was soon sidelined.
3. Shahid Nazir was an excellent medium pacer. After a few good performances, he was out of form and was sidelined.
4. Hasan Raza was an excellent batsman. He got into Test cricket at a very young age.
PCB in 1996
Joined the team a few years. But no one could give a very good performance. That’s why he was sidelined from the team.
5. Muhammad Hussain was considered a good spinner in the domestic circle. But he failed miserably in the Test matches and was dropped from the Pakistan team.
6. Mohammad Wasim was an excellent and stylish opening batsman. The team showed good performance for some time.
But could not stay in form for a long time and left the team. Later he was also the chief selector of the Pakistan team.
7. Muhammad Zahid was a very fast bowler. But after showing excellent performance in a few Tests, he got injured and never made it to the Pakistan team again.
He was an asset to the Pakistan team but could not recover from a back injury. And thus Pakistan lost a very fast bowler.